The Ruined Stone City Located on a tableland northeast of the county seat of Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County, the covers an area of 100 thousands square meters and consists of ruins of city and temple of the Tang times and government office of the Qing Dynasty. A temple occupied the eastern part of the city. In the western and southeastern parts are found ruined houses. On the ruins of the temple the Pulitin Office of the Qing Dynasty was built. The city is oval in shape. The city walls were built with sun-dried bricks on stone foundation. It is 1285 meters in circumference outside. Only parts of city walls, gate of inner city, turrets, and parapet walls have remained intact. There have been excavated coins with legends of Qianyuantongbao and Sanskirt documents. The city dates from an early time and had once been the capital of the Kingdom of Jiepantuo. Inside the city were scattered potsherds, millstones, and so on. Now is classified as a major cultural site protected by the Autonomous Region.