Shengyou Lamasery in Zhaosu Called "Bogdaxiagson" in Mongolian, the Shengyou Lamasery is located near the Honnahai River to the northwest of the county seat of Zhaosu. It was built in the 19th year of the Guangxu period of Qing Dynasty (1893), covering an area of 2000 square meters. It is a relative complete extant temple in Xinjiang, having a gate-facing screen wall, a temple gate, a front hall, a main hall, a back hall, side halls, and an octagonal double layered attic with a double-eave. The main building is the Daxiong Hall. which is 17 meters wide, with the flying-eaves on the four comers stretching out. Inside the covered passage are painted wall-paintings of rare birds and animals and scenes of fairy tales in traditional Chinese style. This lamasery is listed as a major cultural site protected by autonomous region.